Sunday, March 18, 2012

the pipes, the pipes are calling

People drunker and less hermity than me are out carousing in the Marina tonight, reminding me that I'm thirty and am one step away from dying alone and being eaten by my cats (which is why I don't have cats - I can't die if there's nothing there to eat my corpse in the days before anyone notices I'm missing!).

Let's start over. I was v. hermity by design today, not out of any sad social disaster - it's just that St Patrick's Day is one of those 'holidays' in which the Marina people empty out into the streets in their skanky little outfits and get wasted just because they're supposed to. Yes, I'm judging. And yes, if this were the Olympics or something serious to celebrate, I would be out there too. Anyway, today was good, albeit hermity - I had a lovely late breakfast (which I made for myself), then spent the entire afternoon/evening curled up in front of the tv, watching basketball, hanging out with Terry, and organizing all the many and varied receipts that I need to give to my tax lady asap. I also ordered pizza (yay for gluten-free delivery pizza), watched the Iowa State game (sad outcome, but glad I got to see them play), watched the first episode of the first season of Downton Abbey (which I must watch asap or my romance writer card is going to be revoked), and watched some other sitcoms, etc. I haven't spent hours and hours in front of the tv since...probably since the last time I was in Iowa, watching [censored] with [censored].

So that was all good, and my taxes are organized, which is a huge relief. I need to write a bunch of guest blog posts tomorrow and take care of some other business, but at least this is over with. And now, I think I shall write in my journal a bit before going to sleep -- goodnight!

No comments: