Thursday, March 29, 2012

we'll keep all our promises, be us against the world

I'm super sleepy...shouldn't have had glutenified pizza for dinner, but I couldn't resist the magic of Dominos (how often are those words uttered by sober people?). Today was lovely and quite productive; I was out of bed by nine, which is a minor miracle, and managed to shower, gather a bunch of things for errands I needed to run, etc., before meeting up with Priyanka at Morning Due. We chatted for just a bit, since I hadn't seen her or Adit in over a month (shocking), and ate our breakfast/lunch, and then ignored each other while working. I spent my morning writing a blog post for the Rubies, which luckily didn't take too awfully long, and I wrapped it up just before my parking window ended. Then I packed my bag, said goodbye to Priyanka, and drove to the glorious south bay.

I know, I said I was breaking up with Alyssa so I didn't have to drive down anymore, but I'd made plans for tonight in Sunnyvale ages ago and couldn't reschedule them again. So I drove down when the traffic was easy, went to the post office to mail some giveaway books, got my oil changed, and hung out at Philz for a couple of hours, where I got quite a bit of administrivia done. Then I went to Sunnyvale, where I finally met Natasha and Chris's baby -- I haven't seen them in ages, mostly because they had a baby and I moved to the city and never the twain shall meet, but since I went over at five I was able to meet the baby before he went to bed, and then we ordered pizza and hung out and caught up on life, all of which made me v. happy. I need to spend more time with those kids -- parenthood hasn't made them any less awesome, and I miss them.

I finally left there at nine, drove home (with a stop at Safeway to buy ingredients for a flourless chocolate cake I was going to bake tonight, but I'm out of energy), and spent a couple of hours chatting with a surprisingly-awake Terry (we are usually on schedules that are ~3hrs out of sync, so she's usually in bed if I get home after ten). And now I must sleep; my teamaker is making tea for me at 8:15am so that I can wake up while baking this cake, and then I need to do a ton of stuff (both writing related and non) throughout the day. Goodnight!

No comments: