Sunday, March 11, 2012

princess of china

I have to get up at six a.m., which is going to feel like five a.m., which is going to make me *incredibly* surly, so I should probably go to bed immediately. Today was good, albeit long; I made it over to the dirty east bay in time to meet with the board of my romance chapter before the meeting. The meeting itself was good, and the program went well, so yay to that. I skipped out on lunch, though, in the interest of getting writing done, but my plans were mildly stalled when I drove to Morning Due (not on my way) and discovered that parking was way too rough to bother with, so I came home and had a late lunch on Union Street instead. Remind me to never go to that cafe again -- I'm sure I will go again, because the food options within four blocks of me are surprisingly, uniformly not great, but today was bad news bears. Usually this place has bad service and great food, but today the service was okay and the food was bad (i.e. burnt).

sssanyway, I came home and worked the rest of the afternoon, to mostly good effect. I'm writing one new scene and it was kind of slow going, but I should be done tomorrow. I took a longer than anticipated break for dinner, since I went downstairs to make something and ended up watching two episodes of "The Big Bang Theory" and an episode of "Bones" with Terry, but I suppose I needed the diversion.

And now I really, really must go to bed -- I have to take the speaker back to the airport tomorrow morning, then do any number of things to finish the book and get ready for the author talk I'm doing on Monday, etc. Goodnight!

No comments: