Monday, March 12, 2012

rejoice

YAY I FINISHED SCOTSMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just sent it to my agent, along with my dedication and author note and all that jazz. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pardon my excessive jubilation. I'm not even all that jubilant -- I'm too frazzled to be jubilant, and I have to get up tomorrow and doll myself up so that I can do my Authors@Google talk, so I should really go to bed. But I'm pretty happy nonetheless. It's been a really long, really brutal slog (as you know, since my blog content has gotten progressively less interesting as the weeks have progressed), and now it's over. And now I can take approximately fifteen minutes off before doing all the stuff that's piled up around me (and starting to write Ellie and Nick's story, sob).

But I'm glad I'm done. And I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. And that's all I can say, because I can't process any emotions other than relief.

The rest of my day was pretty horrible/boring; I had to get up at six to take that woman to the airport, which felt like five, which totally threw me off. So I came home around 7:45, looked at pictures of Prince Harry in South America and the Duchess of Cambridge in England for an hour (why?! I don't know! I love them!), and slept until 12:30. Then I worked the rest of the day, with a break to talk to my parents and paint my fingernails. I didn't properly feed myself (smoothie for lunch, cottage cheese for a snack, scrambled eggs and oatmeal for dinner -- yes, it's come to that), and I didn't really take any breaks, and I barely saw Terry (other than to stumble out at 10:30pm to tell her that I'm done, which made her rejoice too since it means I might watch more tv with her again in the future).

But that's all. And now I must sleep the sleep of the just, get up, do my hair, and go down to my old employer to give my talk. Hopefully at least a few people show up, or else I'm going to be a v. sad camper. Goodnight!

No comments: