Tuesday, February 03, 2015

so it's gonna be forever, or it's gonna go down in flames

Today was a day straight out of bizarro-land. I stayed home from work, which was a true bonus, and so I didn't have to get out of bed until after seven, which was a minor miracle. I had one meeting this morning, and then I had to go to the consulate to get a visa for my upcoming Delhi/Tokyo trip...but luckily I learned from a coworker's mistakes, and so the trip that took her 3+ hours ended up taking me a grand total of 15mins (not including driving there/back). Not one to leave an opportunity untaken, I looked at my completely empty calendar (which I had cleared for the visa situation) and promptly booked an impromptu 75min massage in an attempt to deal with my sore neck (success!).

After that, I came home, took a couple of meetings, did some more bits of nothing, and threw in the towel a little before six so that I could rinse off the massage oil before going to dinner. I met up with John at his house to drop off some lemons that were entrusted to me yesterday, and then we walked to Mission Beach Cafe, where we rendezvoused with Jess for a v. long overdue dinner (I hadn't seen them alone in months and months). It was quite lovely to see them; while I'd seen them both briefly at Jess's performance last weekend, it wasn't really the right environment for a proper catch-up, so having dinner together was a v. welcome excursion.

After dinner, the "fun" continued at ABV, which is a bar I've been to a couple of times (most notably with Ritu and Bill on the night when Bill was v. prone to screaming at everything). The same waitress who served us that night also served us tonight, and she was just as entertaining and understanding as always, which was helpful since I kept the champagne flowing (I think I had three glasses?). But in my defense, I was there almost four hours, so three glasses of champagne is almost like drinking water. However, this was all an incredibly bad idea, since I have to go to work tomorrow, and if I go in for my early meetings, I have to get up in five hours. If I take the early meetings from home, I have to get up in sixish hours...so I'm setting my alarm for six hours from now, but if I wake up at 5:30 like I always do now, maybe I'll go in early. We shall see, we shall see. Goodnight!

No comments: