Friday, February 06, 2015

i can beat the night, i'm not afraid of thunder

I'm still not feeling a hundred percent...my throat still kind of hurts from weeks ago, and I'm pretty sure that getting three hours of sleep Monday night wrecked the rest of my week. I managed to crawl out of bed in time (or, mostly on time) to see Alyssa this morning, and I expect that my back will remind me of her tomorrow since we did some pretty heavy deadlifts (which I, oddly enough, enjoy). Then I went to work, where I had a few meetings, but I got out of there a little after 1pm to avoid traffic since there's a storm in the Bay Area this weekend and I didn't want to spend ten hours trying to drive home tonight.

Once here, I should have done more work, but instead I checked my email and then took a nap (I know, I'm a model employee). And then I spent my evening in true hermit fashion, going through all my unfiled papers and organizing them so that I can get cracking on my taxes. I took a break to have dinner and wine and do a bit of writing at my favorite Greek place, which I went to despite the rain, and then I came home and scanned more stuff until I decided that bedtime was imminent.

And now, even though it's 10:30pm and I'm still theoretically young, I'm going to abandon my youth and try to sleep for nine hours instead. Goodnight!

No comments: