Saturday, February 14, 2015

you're toxic i'm slipping under

Tomorrow is going to be miserable, but today was worth it. I didn't get enough sleep this morning, but I made it to Palo Alto in time to train with Alyssa, who had me swing a 20kg kettlebell far more times than I would have liked (but not as many times as would make me die, so that's good). Then I went to work, where I took a few hours of meetings, grabbed lunch, took care of some tings, and peaced out by two p.m. so that I could beat Obama back to SF (he's in town, which is bound to mess up all traffic ever).

So I successfully made it home, where I did a teensy bit more work before adjourning for the afternoon. I met a couple of coworkers for a drink after work, which I'm pretty sure turned into four drinks - they were both working out of SF today, and so I met them at Novela, where I had two tasty rum-based cocktails with egg white in them (does egg white make them Alyssa approved? almost certainly not).

After that, I should have parted ways, but it wasn't time for my dinner plans yet, so I encouraged them to come with me (aka drive me) to Nob Hill, where the fun continued at Upcider. We had a couple of bottles of cider, a glass of white wine, and some snacks, and the conversation turned ridic, which meant that I lost track of time and continued to drink until it was well past the point when I should have left. Oops.

So I rolled in Chandlord's dinner party an hour late and four drinks in, which is how people often show up to my dinner parties, but apparently I misjudged the punctuality of this crowd because they'd all been there for awhile. They poured me a massive amount of bourbon as punishment, which I'm sure I'll continue to feel tomorrow. But we proceeded to eat some delish food, play spoons, and then play a game of Uno that may well have been unwinnable given the card combos people had + the limited number of cards left in the discard pile. We also sang a ton, which was super entertaining.

But by one a.m., I was suddenly feeling like I was going to have to stab my own ears out if I interacted with people any more - I had eight straight hours of social time, not including the time I spent with people at work, and that's more social time than my brain can process effectively. So I left Chandlord abruptly, came home, and recorded our mess for posterity. And now I must sleep (or at least attempt to recover from what will surely be a fun hangover) - goodnight!

No comments: