Tuesday, February 03, 2015

instead of stressed i lie here charmed

Today was brutal, but only because I barely slept last night. As it turns out, my predictions of 5-6hrs were wildly optimistic - I slept from 1am to 4am, but then woke up and couldn't fall back asleep. So at six I got out of bed and hied myself down to the office, where I had a couple of hours of meetings before going to train with Alyssa. My training session was pretty sad, given that I was too tired to really get through a full workout, but at least I stretched, so that was great.

Then I went back to the office, ate lunch, did an hour of meetings, drove home, and took a couple more meetings from here. There was a lot of other work I totally should have done, but given how little I slept last night, I mostly spent the day ignoring all real issues in favor of taking care of minor/inconsequential tasks. However, my day ended on a high note - I had a two-hour video date with Ritu, which was awesome and very long overdue. I was supposed to see her in Boston in a couple of weeks, but since I canceled that trip I wanted to catch up with her through other methods, and this worked perfectly. We discussed tons of stuff about work and life, and it almost felt like hanging out in person (almost - I wasn't able to pet her oddly-shaped skull, which was too bad, but the convo was good).

And now I'm going to go to bed early and hope that I make up for some lost sleep so that I can actually function tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: