Wednesday, February 04, 2015

these zombies in the park they're looking for my heart

In a perfect world I would have gone to bed an hour ago...but then the world wouldn't be perfect, because I wouldn't have seen Lauren (aka Subz) and Nathan and Terry tonight, so that's a conundrum.

But at least I got eight solid hours of sleep last night, so perhaps I'll survive tomorrow even if I only get seven. I made it into work in time to write at the coffee shop for an hour, and I may have actually come up with an interesting idea for Octavia, which was such a shocker that it totally made my morning. Also, the cafe I grabbed breakfast at after had shrimp and grits with poached eggs, which was amazing. Also, several of my meetings got canceled, so I actually had a couple of hours in the middle of the day in which to do actual work, which is always a pleasant surprise.

I had to be at the office until five, but I got out as soon as I was able and drove home (and managed to stay awake for the whole drive). Terry and I had impromptu plans to have dinner at Lauren and Nathan's house, and it was a totally lovely, lowkey way to celebrate reaching the middle of the week. And nights like this are why I'm going to have to suck it up and make the writing pay for my fancy San Francisco lifestyle rather than moving someplace more affordable...

...but that's all moot unless I can get some sleep so I can get up tomorrow and develop more about Octavia's background before beginning the slog again. Goodnight!

1 comment:

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.