Sunday, February 08, 2015

this ain't love, it's clear to see

I'm just going to come out and say it...today was not a great day. I had grand plans to do a million things, but the rain conspired against me and I wasn't feeling it. It all seemed to start off okay, since I went down the street for breakfast and had a v. entertaining chat with Tony. And then I went bed shopping, and I successfully picked up a mattress and adjustable foundation to better support writing in bed...

...but then things went sideways. I had to prep my room for the arrival of the new bed, and so I cleaned out all the stuff under my bed. I also decided to vacuum under the bed, and I was punished for my desire for cleanliness when I accidentally dropped the box spring on my bare foot. It turns out that this hurts like a motherfucker. In fact, it hurt almost as much as the shelf I dropped on my toe (same foot) back in June...and, in a bitter twist, that toe had finally fully healed last night, when the last of the old nail fell off and I cleaned months-old dried blood off the new nail like it ain't no thang. So now I have two abrasions on the top of my foot, along with a lot of bruising, and I'm hoping that I didn't break anything because I really don't want to deal with it.

So that kind of ruined the rest of my day, since I didn't want to walk and run errands, and I didn't feel like doing my taxes. But I talked to my parents, who were in fine form. And my bed was delivered with little incident, and I love it, so that's good. I tried to make tuna salad for supper, which is my go-to when there's no food in the house, but after I mixed it up, I found what seemed to be plastic or glass in the mix, so I threw the whole bowl away because I didn't know where it had come from. Then I crawled even lower down the food spectrum and ate peanut butter while watching some of the Grammys. But I finally abandoned the tv for the comfort of my new bed, where I finished the book I was reading last night and iced my foot and tried not to think dark thoughts about it.

And now I'm going to sleep and hope that I wake up tomorrow to something that is clearly just bruised and not totally mangled - goodnight!

No comments: