Wednesday, February 18, 2015

because the love the love the love the love the love i gave was wasted on a nice face

I don't think I can continue being this exhausted at nine p.m. every night as though I've put in a whole day in the mines instead of at my desk...particularly since a 'whole day' at my desk is neither a whole day nor a particularly onerous endeavor. Today was another slog with ample swathes of social time...I drove to Palo Alto and trained with Alyssa, and then I went to the office, showered, ate some bacon, had a couple of meetings, and continued my meat consumption over a team lunch at In-n-Out. The lunch was intended to up my beef intake before leaving for India, which was v. helpful; sitting out in the sun and grabbing a latte after was even more helpful.

The afternoon tapered into oblivion; more meetings, more ridiculousness, more fatigue, followed by a drive home that nearly put me to sleep. But I got my bangs trimmed so that I don't look too stylish/ridiculous/blind in India, and then I was home for all of ten minutes before Terry and I ventured into the Marina to have dinner with Lauren (aka Subz) at Aix. Lauren was in fine form, and I'm super glad I got to see her (and Terry, of course) before I venture off on my Asian adventure.

Now, though, sleep is key - I have to get through two more days of work, more social activities, a whole ton of personal errands and tasks, and my general disdain for my upcoming trip so that I can get on the plane on Saturday without feeling like I left everything undone, and I'm going to need to be well-rested tomorrow if I hope to accomplish any of that. Goodnight!

No comments: