Thursday, February 12, 2015

but maybe you're hoping for a fairy tale too

By Thursdays, I'm consistently pretty exhausted, and today was no exception. It didn't help that I woke up around four a.m. and didn't really fall back asleep after; I even debated staying in bed and trying to sleep/go in late, but at six I decided to get out of bed and go to work anyway. But that was a tactical error, since it took an hour and twenty minutes to get to work since I left at 6:45 instead of 6:25 - every minute in the morning is crucial.

However, I survived, and I got to work in time to do a bit of work on Rafe and Octavia (although I was too tired to really focus). Then I slogged until four p.m., although I took a break to get another latte, and I spent more time than I should have chatting up coworkers to alleviate my boredom. Then I peaced out as soon as my last meeting was over; Obama is in town today and tomorrow, and he was arriving at the airport at 5:30pm, which meant it was imperative that I get past the airport before he arrived and they shut down the freeway for his motorcade.

I succeeded in my mission, happily - and then I went to my favorite Greek place, where I made small talk with the bartender and also came up with some excellent insights for Rafe. But again, I was too tired to really think, so I'm going to go to bed and hope that I survive my last day of the work week unscathed. Goodnight!

No comments: