Wednesday, February 25, 2015

hoping one day you'll make a dream last

Today was lovely in Delhi, particularly if you like weather forecasts that call for 'smoke' - the smog is so bad that smoke is the standard weather condition right now (until the heat comes, at which point the smoke will be replaced by dust storms from the deserts of Rajasthan). But even though it feels like I haven't seen the sun in days and am living in a post-apocalyptic wasteland, today was excellent. I got a decent amount of sleep last night, and I had a great shower before meeting Sriram, Eugene and Lillian for breakfast.

And then we went to the office, surviving a crazy traffic jam along the way. The teams we worked with were very nice, and it was more valuable than I expected to see them all in person (although I'm still not totally convinced that this trip to India/Japan was the best use of my time at the moment - but I'm looking forward to Jaipur this weekend, i guess).

But we eventually slacked off around six and went to CyberHub, which is sort of an outdoor food court / mall near a bunch of the major tech buildings. It's so incredibly different than when I was living in Hyderabad - they have a ton of American chain restaurants, but I'm always willing and eager to go for the biryani before it's time for me to get along...

But screw him - I need to sleep right now if I'm going to survive tomorrow. Goodnight!

[editor's note from the following morning: I was falling asleep as I wrote this and have no idea what the last couple of lines were supposed to mean. Chaz!]

No comments: