Tuesday, March 17, 2015

she said to get better

Today feels like it lasted forever, but that could be the stress and caffeine talking. I'm feeling incredibly behind on everything important...probably because I keep spending time socializing, which goes against everything my puritanical heart believes in. But I got to the office this morning in time to write for forty minutes, and I was actually a little productive on that, so at least something went right. Then I grabbed breakfast, led a team meeting, walked over to main campus, had a couple more meetings, and then had another rambling multi-cafe lunch (this time in weird order; soft serve ice cream to start at a cafe on main campus, followed by salad and hummus and feta with several teammates at another cafe, followed by the salad I'd wanted to eat all along at my own cafe, which I ate while sitting through an interminable meeting that always gets on my last nerve).

And then I slogged the rest of the afternoon, with a break to get annoyed at gender politics in corporate america (this may be why I love writing romance novels - the community is overwhelmingly female, so I don't have to deal with mansplaining and obnoxious gender issues), and then another break to get coffee with Jen and Tomas. Then I drove back to the evil city, and I gave Dave a ride so I could use the carpool lane...he may have gotten more of an earful about gender politics in corporate america than he was expecting, but since he got it, you don't have to listen to it!

After I dropped him off, I came home, tried on dresses for this thing I have to go to on Thursday (verdict: time to buy some shoes), did some things around the house, and grabbed dinner at Roam. And now, even though I have a million things to do to catch up on my job / write a book / move apartments, I'm going to go to sleep and hope that tomorrow morning is kind - goodnight!

No comments: