Tuesday, March 24, 2015

when you're feeling low on love, i'll be what you're dreaming of

Today was mostly much better than yesterday, if only because I ignored most of my real responsibilities in favor of attending meetings (this time meetings that didn't annoy me) and working on my expense report for India/Tokyo, which is due immediately (as in, three days ago) and is sufficiently mindless to get me through a couple of hours of messing around with receipts while listening to music at my desk.

I also got down to campus early enough to get some work done in the quiet of the coffee shop (sadly, day job work rather than writing), and then Dave and I grabbed breakfast at one of the cafes where they make eggs to order for you (the fools who turned down our invitation to go to breakfast with us (okay, it was one fool - Tomas) should have regretted their decision all day). In fact, I'm guessing Tomas did regret missing the eggs, since he went with us (and some other people) to get tacos for lunch.

And then I peaced out at 3:30 and was home before five (it would have been even earlier, but I stopped to get Philz coffee to fortify myself for the slog ahead). I spent most of the evening packing, although it was somewhat slow going - but I sorted through a ton of papers, packed the rest of the books in my room, and took a ton of stuff to my car, so I'm pleased with what I got done. The kitchen has to happen tomorrow night, and if it does, I think I'm in pretty good shape (theoretically - moves always take way more time than one can ever imagine). And I even got to take a break to eat pizza with Terry and her mom, who has come up for one final visit (and to help Terry with the last bits of her move); Terry's brother Tom (a somewhat-loyal reader of the blog - hi Tom!) was also here, so it was all v. nice and familial.

But now I must sleep so I can do this all again tomorrow, in exactly the same order, but with the added wrench of doing a training session with Alyssa instead of a lazy lunch in the sun...I think I can, I think I can. Goodnight!

No comments: