Sunday, March 15, 2015

my church offers no absolutes

I'm not ashamed to admit that I had too much to drink this afternoon. This is all in pursuit of wishing Terry a proper farewell before she absconds to the east coast (beast coast) with all of our hearts, so I feel that I've done my civic duty.

But I digress. First, the day started off with waking up (as most days do), followed by a shower, followed by eating at the cafe down the street. Once I was properly nourished, I got a gel manicure and a pedicure; this was perhaps not entirely necessary, but I have a fancy event to go to on Thursday (which you'll hear about on Thursday, if Thursday's open bar doesn't get in the way of my typing skillz), so it felt somewhat necessary since I like showing up at fancy events with cuticles that befit a fancy person instead of a troll. Yay vanity.

sssanyway, after getting my nails done, I called my parents, and they were gracious enough to talk to me several hours earlier than usual; I had intended to call them last night, but by the time I remembered, I would have interrupted the Iowa State/Kansas Big 12 champion game, and while they're gracious enough to talk to me four hours early on a Sunday, ain't nobody got time to interrupt the Cyclones. But my parents seemed to be in fine form, so that was good!

And then I ran away to some relaxation in the form of a massage at my favorite spa (Senspa), where Terry and Lauren (aka Subz) got treatments of the same length. And then we made ourselves pretty and crossed the Golden Gate Bridge, where we had drinks, snacks, and dinner at Cavallo Point. It was pretty much perfect; we sat at a table overlooking the bridge and the water, and it was all perfectly lovely. Of course, it wasn't lovely because we're about to lose Terry to the east coast, but for tonight it was lovely.

And now I'm going to go to bed absurdly early and hope to sleep off my wine (and the remnants of Terry's wine, which I always drink) so that I can survive work tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: