Tuesday, March 31, 2015

your face is all that i see, i give you everything

I'm running out of steam, so I need to plan to get nine hours of sleep tomorrow night since it won't happen tonight. Today was made slightly more brutal because I didn't sleep that well last night; when I woke up this morning, it was a struggle to get ready, and so I didn't leave until 6:40. Luckily, traffic was okay, so I got to the office by 7:40; unluckily, I spent too much time socializing - first talking to Ben, who is a frequent coinhabitor of the coffee place in the early morning hours, and then being generally distracted by Dave until I threw in the towel on productivity and had breakfast instead. Of course, I'm so behind on the day job that I'm not going to catch up anytime soon anyway, so breakfast was better than slogging - but I should probably make an attempt at productivity at some point.

That attempt wasn't made today, however. After breakfast, I had a whole slew of meetings - I was supposed to have meetings straight from 11am to 4pm, but luckily my 1pm lunch was canceled. So even though my noon meeting ran twenty minutes late, there was time to get salad and an iced latte before my 2pm meeting, which is probably the only thing that saved me.

I finally made it out of the office around 5:15, and I came home with all sorts of glorious intentions - but instead, all my intentions went out the window and were replaced by an even more glorious visit from Chandlord. Ostensibly she came over to help me unpack, but I unpacked approximately three boxes while we drank an entire bottle of wine and ate takeout Thai amidst the detritus of my life. The lack of unpacking productivity was totally worth it, and I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to have to leave most of my stuff unorganized until I get back from Tahoe - c'est la vie.

Now, though, I shall sleep; the morning will come too soon, and I have to train with Alyssa before going to work (and I have to eat leftover Thai for breakfast, since I haven't bought any groceries) - so the morning will be brutal if I don't sleep asap. Goodnight!

No comments: