Saturday, March 14, 2015

this is hungry work

I intended to go to bed two hours ago, but true to my weird sleep patterns over the last week, I totally messed that up. But today was really lovely, even if it started too early (but not as early as they usually start, so I shouldn't complain). I got up in time to drop my car off at the dealership to get service + recalls, and then I took a lyft to the SF office (which is always gorgeous). One of my Mountain View coworkers was there this morning as well, so I had someone to have breakfast with (I know, weird that I would choose to socialize rather than being a hermit), and then we worked in the coffee area for a couple of hours while I caffeinated and tried hopelessly to catch up on email.

But eventually I had to take care of the multiple hours of meetings that were on my calendar, so that was too bad. But I snuck out in the mid-afternoon and made a brief foray to the mall, followed by a trip to my salon to get my bangs trimmed and my brows waxed. Thus feeling pretty again, I came home, did a bit more work, took care of some household stuff, talked to Lauren (aka Subz), and talked to Chandlord. And then I pursued the best portion of the day - Claudia came over, and she, Terry and I had dinner at my favorite local sushi place. Terry brought a bottle of v. nice wine (which she needs to drink before she goes to NYC, and I'm happy to help her with this noble mission), and it was great hanging out with both of them together - particularly since I missed Claude's birthday festivities while I was in India.

But the fun ended when I realized I was too tired to stay there any longer, so we came home, and then I spent the last hour messing around online rather than going to bed. Stupid. But I can sleep as much as I want tonight, so I'm going to follow through with that plan - goodnight!

No comments: