Friday, March 20, 2015

drunk in love

Today was an incredibly long (obvi, since I'm blogging at 2am on a school night) but incredibly lovely day. I woke up in time to make it into the SF office by 8:30am, which gave me enough time to grab breakfast and work for a couple of hours before my meetings started. I made it through said meetings unscathed, although I interrupted a meeting that I was leading to scream over Iowa State's loss in the NCAA tournament, which may have made it clear that I wasn't paying complete attention to the meeting. C'est la vie, I guess.

After the meetings were attended, I had lunch (trout + some salad eaten with metal chopsticks, which makes me entirely insufferable), followed by more work and meetings, all of which felt vaguely productive. But I left the office at four to come home and get ready for my evening's activities (which was the whole reason I went into the SF office rather than working from Mountain View). This charity that I gave money to at work during our charity week a few months ago was hosting a gala to continue fundraising, and I got to go and have a delightful time while drinking a lot of champagne and wearing a fancy dress. I also saw the winemaker whose rosé I drank in the SF office the day after I got back from Tokyo; while I have no real confidence that the wine was good, since I was too jetlagged to make decisions, the winemaker himself was quite lovely.

sssanyway, I was at a table with other people from work, including Dave (who sits next to me at work, so sitting next to each other at dinner was v. standard) and Genevieve (who I sit nowhere near, but we enjoyed each others' company in Frankfurt and may be real friends someday). And as I mentioned, I drank a lot of free wine and champagne. You can also see my dress on instagram, should you be interested (the dress is from Rent the Runway, fyi). We ended up shutting the place down, which was fun, but I'm seriously going to regret this tomorrow when I have to sit through multiple hours of meetings.

But tonight, at least, was fun. And I'm hoping that I can get up early enough to have huevos rancheros before starting my string of meetings; there's no way I'm going to make it to Mountain View, so really, the only responsible thing to do is to have a delicious breakfast down the street. Goodnight!

No comments: