Thursday, March 19, 2015

just say there's nothing holding you back

I had a pretty decent day, considering that I didn't get any writing done - I woke up early and was in the office by 7:30ish, but since I had an 8:30 meeting, I decided to do some work for the day job rather than trying to get into Rafe and Octavia's story. Today was all about trying to get caught up, which is a fool's errand, but I made some valiant efforts. I also snuck out to train with Alyssa (who made me deadlift many reps at 135lbs, so my back is shot), and it was good to sweat out some of my aggression.

The afternoon was more of the same (four hours of meetings), but I escaped around 5:30pm and went to the mall, where I bought a pair of shoes for the thing I'm going to tomorrow (well, two pairs of shoes, but I'm taking the first pair back). Then I drove to Belmont, where I had dinner with Shedletsky and Tina at some amazingly absurd French place on El Camino. I say it's absurd because it feels like it was nice in the seventies, and it has multiple neon signs out front...but it's actually somewhat pricey and the food/wine/cocktails were all v. good. I had a delightful time, both because the restaurant was ridic and because Shedletsky and Tina are highly entertaining and surprisingly adorable (a word I wouldn't have expected to use for Shedletsky when I met him at Stanford oh-so-many years ago).

But now that I'm home, I desperately need to sleep - I have to go to work tomorrow, but I'm working out of SF, so at least I can sleep in a bit. But although I can sleep in, I expect to go to bed late, which means I should get my rest now while I can - goodnight!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You can DL 135 lbs!?! You're amazing!!!

Sara said...

@Jessica - my personal max is 185lb :) But 135 is where Alyssa puts me when she wants me to do multiple reps to work on form. My peasant genes are coming in handy for something!