Monday, March 30, 2015

baby turn the lights out

Today was yet another extremely long day, but I feel v. accomplished as a result. I woke up at 5:45, was out the door by 6:20, and was pleasantly surprised by traffic (which must have been impacted by spring break), so I arrived at the office at 7:15. I then proceeded to do day job stuff (which needs to stop interfering with my writing mornings asap) until 10:45, at which point I snuck out (translation: boldly strolled out) to see Alyssa. She took it slightly easy on me since I'm in moving hell, but I still did enough swings/snatches/presses/lunges/whatever to feel like I got a good workout.

When I returned to the office, I was lured into getting salads at the new salad place on campus, which meant that I didn't dry my hair since my choice was to a) eat or b) look pretty before my next meeting. Eating was the right choice; they make a chicken cobb salad that is totally delish, and now I want it every day. Unfortunately for me, it's not the closest cafe on campus; fortunately for me, it's free, so if I want to do it, I can. After lunch, I had several meetings, followed by coffee with Dave (half the team seemed to have the same idea, since we couldn't rally any of the people near us to go, but we found the rest of them in varying stages of walking to coffee / getting coffee / coming back from coffee on our way).

I left the office at 5:15 to begin what felt like the second part of my day...and the first stop was v. unusual, since I went to the San Francisco airport to do my global entry interview. It was remarkably efficient, which was a good thing, since getting the last stuff out of the old apartment was remarkably inefficient - what I thought would take thirty minutes actually took two hours, as moving always does. Between all the recycling, all the trash, all the alcohol I still had to put in my car, and the (thankfully empty) vodka bottle that I shattered in the garage and had to sweep up, I made a lot of trips up and down the stairs. So it's extremely fortunate that I canceled my swimming lesson in favor of my global entry interview tonight, since moving all that stuff after training with Alyssa and swimming for an hour might have truly killed me.

But now I'm fully done with the old place, and I can focus my efforts on unpacking this one. But that will have to wait until at least tomorrow night; now, I must sleep, since I have to get up super early and do all the work I should have done tonight. Sadness. Goodnight!

No comments: