Sunday, March 15, 2015

in the best way, you'll be the death of me

Today I pursued a lovely mix of socializing and cleaning, with some downtime in the late afternoon (no doubt caused by the socializing). I got a bunch of sleep last night, and so I barely got up in time to shower and get dressed before running a couple of errands and meeting Chandlord for brunch. It was supposed to be a 'boozy brunch', but we only had one mimosa each, and instead concentrated our efforts on eating tater tots (this proved to be a mistake). We had other things before the tots - fruit, in an attempt to be healthy, + some breakfast tacos/sliders/whatever. But the tots, with warm queso, were not as good as we wanted them to be, but good enough that we ate most of the damn plate of them. Stupid.

Thus feeling v. full, we wandered down the street and rendezvoused with Terry, whom we kidnapped and took down to the Ghirardelli Square area to have irish coffees at Buena Vista Cafe. It seemed that many other people had this idea as well; despite the fact that it was one of the hottest days we've had in the city in awhile, the proximity to St Patrick's Day made irish coffees top of mind for a lot of people. But we managed to get three seats at the bar immediately, and we happened to be in front of the station where one of the bartenders makes irish coffees en masse...it was kind of amazing to watch him make fifteen at once. Buena Vista supposedly invented the irish coffee, so it's what they're known for - and this guy made a couple hundred while we were sitting there. It involved a lot of pouring (and wasting) of coffee and a lot of stirring of sugar, but he seemed to be in the zone, so it was pretty entertaining to watch.

After two irish coffees and more walking in the heat, I was quite desperate for a nap, which was duly accomplished. Then Terry and I tackled the first part of our storage closet before it was time for her to get ready for dinner and for me to continue to procrastinate on cleaning. But eventually I sorted through my closet, purging some clothes and approximately twenty pairs of shoes, along with several Indian bedspreads (I still kept three or four, but do I need eight? no). The stuff isn't out of my house yet, so it's possible I'll change my mind about some of it, but I'm really trying to declutter, and an impending move is a good chance to do it.

But now I need to sleep - I have grand plans to relax tomorrow, since I'm doing some spa-related activities with Terry and Lauren (aka Subz). I would ask you to wish me luck with that, but it's probably the only day of the week I don't need luck for (as long as I didn't jinx myself)...goodnight!

No comments: