Sunday, March 01, 2015

I'll carry you home tonight

I made it to the airport in Delhi, and I'm sitting in the premier lounge waiting another hour and fifty minutes for my flight to Tokyo. Getting through security was surprisingly uneventful, and I was able to buy an upgrade on my flight for only three hundred dollars, which may preserve my sanity for another day.

The rest of the day was completely uneventful as well. I started it with an eight am massage, which feels like it was a lifetime ago. We got out of Jaipur by eleven, and traffic back to Delhi was pretty good despite the rain. So to kill time, we spent several hours having tea, followed by dinner, at the Leela Hotel, which was super fancy. The driver misunderstood our initial request and took us to somewhere that was decidedly not fancy, but we cleared that up immediately and spent the evening basking in luxury.

But it's time for my India adventures to come to an end. I'm going to be wrecked when I get to Tokyo since this is a red eye, but I only have to survive 2.5 days there before going home, so I think I can do it. I'm staying at the Ritz, so it's not like it's going to be a hardship....

Now, though, I'm going to put my screens away and rest my eyes (hopefully without falling asleep and missing my flight) - goodnight!

No comments: