Tuesday, March 10, 2015

even on a cloudy day

I meant to be in bed an hour ago, but the desire to unwind online (plus some residual jetlag + time change situation) meant that I sacrificed sleep for a bit longer than I should have. But today was decent enough - I wasn't nearly as sore as I expected to be after yesterday's double workout, and I made it into the office in time to work on my own stuff for an hour or so before buckling down for the day job. And by 'buckling down' I mean that I had meetings, followed by lunch at the new salad place on campus, followed by another meeting, followed by coffee, followed by more meetings. This generally made me feel like a total slacker since I spent the whole day talking rather than accomplishing anything, but since that's what they pay me for, I guess I'll take it.

Eventually I escaped the day job and drove home, where I met Terry so that we could have dinner at my favorite Greek place. We discussed a lot about life and the future, since we're both on the cusp of moves and other sundry decisions, and it was all greatly enhanced by quite a bit of Greek wine, which made for a lovely and relaxing evening.

But now I must sleep if I have any hope of writing in the morning - goodnight!

No comments: