Saturday, March 28, 2015

let's not make it harder than it has to be

I should have gone to bed two hours ago...but then, I shouldn't have spent two hours tonight playing hooky from the packing (#yolo). I woke up at 5:30am so that I could say goodbye to Terry; we hugged it out in the living room, and then I went downstairs with her to say hi to Lauren, who took her to the airport. It hasn't sunk in that she's gone, and it probably won't for awhile...just as it hasn't sunk in that I won't sleep in this place again after tonight.

But there wasn't time to wallow; as soon as Terry was gone, I made tea, and then did day job stuff straight from 6:30am to 1pm. That was a lot of stuff, obvi. I took a break for a late lunch, came back, had a couple more meetings, and then abandoned the laptop to start packing. Packing consumed the entire afternoon/early evening, but I diverted myself out of packing and across town at 4pm to rent a small storage unit, since I realized that there were some things I am still debating whether to get rid of, and the studio will be cluttered enough as it is with all my moving boxes without the added clutter of extra books/clothes/catfish pillows. But even though this was not on the plans for today when I woke up, I'm glad I took the time to do it now - it should make other tings easier later.

sssanyway, I came home, packed some more, and then dashed out the door at sevenish to get my bangs trimmed, since it was critical that I do it today before going out of town next week. I had planned to get takeout from the grocery store across the street and come home for more packing, but as I was walking into the grocery store, Adit texted me and asked about dinner. I was promptly lured into meeting him and Priyanka for dinner, which I had said needed to be quick; sadly, we stood in line for 20ish minutes, but the food (dosas and paneer makhni at Udupi Palace) was totally delish, and the company was pretty delish as well. It was good to see them, and good to get out of hermit mode for a couple of hours, even if it totally screwed me for tomorrow.

Then I came home and packed for the last three hours. And now I'm going to sleep for ~6hrs, wake up, and hope another 3ish hours of packing is enough to be ready for the movers to show up - it's probably not, but it will be close enough. Goodnight!

No comments: