Friday, August 07, 2015

eastern glow

Today was v. quiet and v. hermity - I didn't hit any of my writing goals at all, but I did make it through a very long to-do list of very annoying tasks, so at least that's something. And when it became clear that the writing wasn't going to happen, I let myself take the night off. So I walked down to the Marina, bought a few books at Books Inc, and read part of one of them at Atami Sushi (my fave sushi place in my old neighborhood) while eating delish fish. This was probably what my soul needed, even if (or especially because) my brain is demanding writing perfection right now.

But now I'm tired, and I want to read some more, so I'm going to sign off the screens and read in bed for awhile. Tomorrow is shaping up to be more likely to yield productivity - writing time in the morning, brunch plans, and then more writing (and a writing date) in the afternoon/evening, so hopefully I'll make up for today's lost time. Goodnight!

No comments: