Thursday, August 06, 2015

sings a song sounds like she's singing

The writing was like pulling teeth today. In fact, it was just as cliched as the opening sentence of this blog. Granted, I got five pages, which isn't actually all that shabby...but I had wanted twenty, and I'm still having trouble with some scenes, which is no bueno since I really don't know what else I could possibly do with this book beyond the fifteenth idea I've had (and am currently working on, with the blessing of my editor).

sssanyway, today wasn't totally miserable, although it was mostly miserable. I met Kathia to write this morning, although I only got a page in that first two hours because I was distracted and working on a scene that I'm just going to have to skip for the time being (although I never realize I need to skip it until it's totally demoralized me). Then I went to Union Street (my old hood) for an appointment, followed by lunch at Caffe Union, where Tony was v. happy to see me (even as he castigated me for not having sent out my romance newsletter recently). Then I came home, took a nap, procrastinated, showered, and finally wrote another four pages from the couch, which I will totally take.

Then, to get myself out of my head, I met up with Chandlord for a drink. We ended up at Two Sisters, where I had three glasses of wine, and we split some cheese and deviled eggs, and I had some prosciutto to get me through the night. We didn't really have much to catch up on, but we somehow managed to sustain a conversation for three hours because #friendship. Then we went to Slate for karaoke, where we saw Ken, but I only lasted for forty-five minutes before deciding that I hate noise and people and needed to come home and sleep immediately.

So, sleep is the plan I'm going to pursue, and hopefully now that I've decided to skip the scene that was killing me, I can make faster progress tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: