Wednesday, August 19, 2015

it's a fine romance but it's left me so undone

Today was pretty much the usual, so that's not very exciting for you. I succeeded in getting up early enough to go to the cafe and write for a couple of hours before going to train with Alyssa - and I also was able to verify that the couple who make out in the cafe during the early morning hours are still going strong and not apparently impacted by the leak of data from the Ashley Madison marital cheating website, so good for them!

Then I went south to train with Alyssa, which was entertaining since I was sore from my massage. But the work we did felt good, so at least there's that. I promptly undid it by having lunch at Palo Alto Sol - I never go there anymore since I don't live or work in the south bay, but I hadn't had mexican food in ages (Nopalito probably counts, but it's too authentic when I really just want tortilla chips). So I ate lunch while contemplating my plans/to-dos for my business, but I also mostly just sat outside and watched the people of Palo Alto wander by, as they do.

After that, I drove home, took a nap (mexican food is a really ambitious undertaking, apparently), got a coffee, and then got my nails done because I'm a princess. Then I came home and wrote in my journal for awhile before buying groceries. And then I sorted through my shoes to see which ones spark joy, and I think I'm tossing/selling a surprising number of pairs - but I feel good about this. There are too many things that I keep because I feel guilty that I spent money on them, but seeing them sitting on the shelf just reminds me of the money spent, not of anything good. And if nothing else, I'm more likely to wear/enjoy the pairs I'm keeping (still like 40+) if they're not crammed into cubby holes with multiple pairs I hate. Yes, this is the ultimate #firstworldproblem.

And now, I shall go to bed early so that I can write as early as possible tomorrow. And finally, happy birthday to Katrina, loyal friend and blog reader lo these many years! Goodnight!

No comments: