Saturday, August 01, 2015

all those things i didn't say wrecking balls inside my brain

I was far less enthused about today than I intended to be, for reasons that even I can't decipher...but I think it was mostly related to sleeping very poorly last night, with a sour/unhappy stomach (and I forgot that I have a geriatric's bed, which meant I could have raised the head to maybe make my stomach better, but in my sleep I still think I'm young, so it didn't occur to me). There's no great reason for why my stomach was sad...yes, I had half a bottle of wine and a bunch of food relatively late in the evening, but it was all the veriest of healthy choices compared to what I did to myself in NYC/Boston last week.

Regardless, I slept terribly and woke up unhappy. But I had to get out of bed even though I wanted to stay there...I had earlyish breakfast plans with Chandlord, and since she owns my apartment, I couldn't bail. Oh, and I like her company (and her face). We met up at Brenda's, which serves soul food in the Tenderloin, and since we were there at 9:30 we beat the worst lines and were seated fairly quickly. I made the tragic mistake of having a beignet, because I adore beignets and blithely said they won't kill me; while it's true they won't kill me, it was perhaps a stupid decision on top of my already-unhappy stomach. However, the beignet was delish, even if it meant that I barely ate my shrimp and grits. Chandlord and I caught up on life and tings, but it was all fairly mellow since she was tired as well and neither of us were in it to win it.

So after that, I came home, took a quick nap, folded clothes, and then got a manicure - I will call this manicure necessary since they had to take off the gel polish that I wore in NYC, and it's now replaced with a sad regular manicure that will chip off tomorrow. Post-manicure, I did some stuff around the apartment, wrote in my journal, and then went to the grocery store - I'm hosting a baby shower tomorrow and needed to buy tons of beverages, which took way more time than I wanted it to take.

But despite all that, I rallied and met up with Kathia to watch the end of her tattoo - by the time I got there, Isaac was very close to finished with it, but I spent an hour hanging out with them before it was all over. This was much more lowkey than the previous tattooing endeavor (probably because there was no whisky in sight), which was probably a good thing since I don't want to be hungover for the baby shower tomorrow (I know, I'm becoming such a classy adult).

After that, I came home, messed around online, ate a sandwich, and am now contemplating going to bed at 9:30pm so that I can get up early and prep for the shower and maybe do some writing beforehand. Or maybe I'll just sleep for ten hours and hope that fixes me. Goodnight!

No comments: