Saturday, August 22, 2015

non, je ne regrette rien (part deux)

If you want to hear everything about my day, see the previous blog post. But I feel honor-bound to say that I didn't go to bed at 10:30 as I had proclaimed I would. Instead, I stayed up until almost one a.m., talking to this guy named Joe, who was utterly delightful (and who bought me a $35 shot of gin, which seems excessive only until you taste the gin and realize that it's the best thing God has ever allowed to be created, including yourself). His daughter joined us at some point, and the three of us + Pam (the aforementioned bartender from the previous post) had a delightful time shutting down the bar.

But now, really, really, I must sleep....but as the French would say, no, I regret nothing. Perhaps I will regret it all in the morning, but I trust that even if I physically regret tonight's machinations, my heart will be happy with what I did today. Goodnight!

No comments: