Tuesday, August 04, 2015

stay true, see it through they say

Today was mostly, somewhat, occasionally productive. I didn't sleep all that well last night; I think my stomach is still recovering from NYC, and I will spare you further details about my highly acidic state since it makes me sound like an octogenarian. However, I dragged myself out of bed at 6:45, put on some clothes, and went to the cafe, where I met up with Kathia for an early morning writing date. I was there approximately three and a half hours, although I was definitely not maximally productive...I did some business stuff, and I wrote three pages, and I caught up with Kathia, so that was all v. v. good, but it wasn't the fifteen pages I really wanted to write...

...but that's forgivable. Shortly after Kathia left, I threw in the towel and went to MyMy for a late breakfast/early lunch - I really need to buy groceries, since I haven't done so since NYC (mostly because I love to eat breakfast/lunch out and am using the lack of groceries as an excuse for my sloth/fanciness). Then I came home, took a nap, and spent a couple of hours cleaning my apartment. I'd never fully unpacked from the conference and I had stuff strewn about the place, but everything is now put back in its proper place and the kitchen and bathroom are sparkling. I'm back to thinking I should do a major purge of everything I own, and I'm also looking into mounting the TV on the wall since I rarely watch and it's taking up valuable floor real estate. But those are all things that can wait for another day.

After I cleaned everything, I took another nap, and then I cleaned myself (showering at 4pm is becoming kind of a habit). Then I wrote for another couple of hours and got myself up to nine pages total for the day, which I will totally take. And now that my day is over, with some tings accomplished and some tings very much ignored for a later date (hey, I never said I was going to stop being lazy about tings like email and interpersonal communication), I'm going to sleep - I have a lot on the docket for tomorrow, and I hope my stomach conspires with my body to give me a good night's sleep instead of a bad one. Goodnight!

No comments: