Monday, August 31, 2015

say you'll remember me

I have nothing of interest to report today - I spent the morning sleeping/eating breakfast/showering, and the afternoon attempting to get some writing done. This was somewhat successful (actually, wildly successful compared to the last several days, since I got five pages between my afternoon session and my early evening session). And the back patio was pretty much the perfect temperature for working outside...it's too bad Iowa has seasons, since it would be a lot easier to write here in the winter if the patio were livable then.

Sometime in the afternoon, I took a break to go with my dad to the lumber yard to get a part, and then to my grandparents' house to take care of an errand. Then we came home and I wrote some more while they went to a visitation for someone who passed away (Rod, who used to own the gas station many years ago). When they got home, we ate supper, and then I talked to Lorena on the phone for a little bit - I'd wanted to see her while I was here, but our schedules didn't mesh. But it was good to hear her voice and catch up briefly, and hopefully I'll see her next time I pass through.

And now you know it all, and I should sleep so I can write and hang out and pack, etc., tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: