Thursday, August 13, 2015

it doesn't move me to be cold

Today was pretty much perfect, although I initially had trouble remembering what I did when I sat down to write this post. Maybe that's a good sign?

Anyway, as you know, I went to bed last night with grand plans of getting up early to write. I still managed to sleep a lot, but since I had gone to bed so early, I was still able to make it to the cafe by 7:30ish, where I greeted my favorite cafe people with far more vim and vigor than they're used to seeing from me. I wrote there for a couple of hours, and I was pretty happy with what I got done even though I was distracted by business-y stuff.

Then I came home, showered v. quickly, ate a snack, and drove downtown to my salon, where I got my bangs trimmed and my brows waxed. My bangs are now back to the point where I can see easily, but I regret not looking as stylishly bitchy (or bitchily stylish) as I look when my bangs are over my eyes and I look like I don't give a fuck about anything because nothing is as interesting to look at as my own thoughts. But I suppose looking approachable occasionally is a good thing? Maybe?

Anyway again, the salon was lovely, and I feel groomed now, so that's good. Then I came home, messed around on the internet, ate some leftover pizza, and finally dragged myself out the door so I could write for an hour before my afternoon activity. I ended up walking to Arlequin, where I had a glass of chardonnay while writing a couple of pages; it wasn't the most conducive environment ever, but I'll take it.

Post-writing, I walked down the street a couple of blocks to have a meeting (a meeting! not just a social activity!) with Jess. She wanted to hear what I know about publishing, and it's quite possible that I told her far too much about how the sausage is made, which is always a danger since publishing is one of my favorite topics. But she hugged me at the end, so she's either the nicest person ever (actually, that's already been established), or she genuinely liked the publishing mini-lecture. Either way, it was good to see her, and the cafe was delightful, so that was all great!

Post-Jess, I grabbed a lyft (who took forever to pick me up, but he was so nice while driving me that I forgave him) and went to the marina, where I met Kathia for a creativity date. I should say 'creativity date' because I was writing, but she was doing watercolors since she's between books and tends to do other artistic things in the meantime. We hung out at Nectar while pursuing our creative arts, and all told between Nectar + afternoon + morning sessions, I got 3000+ words (about 12 pages), which is awesome for me.

But all things must end, so we put away our creative endeavors and went next door to Aix, where we shared some risotto and some steak frites, and where I had my fourth glass of wine of the day, which will likely remind me of itself by giving me a headache tomorrow. And then we shared a lyft, and I came home and messed around on the internet. And now I shall sleep so that I can accomplish similar feats (or at least some writing) tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: