Monday, August 03, 2015

i could show you what you wanna see and take you where you wanna be

Today was not too shabby, even if I have clearly reached the point in my self-employment where I no longer remember where in the week I am, since I asked three different people what they were doing this weekend (clearly not remembering, at all, in any way, that today was Monday). Oops. I did put on pants before it got dark today, so that's a good sign!

Actually, I put on pants really early, but I'm not sure that workout clothes count. I was up and out the door by 7:15, and I worked at my favorite cafe until 9:15ish, which was good (although I mostly spent it daydreaming about Europe, which was probably not all that productive). Then I went to the south bay to see Alyssa, who tortured me (but not too badly). In an unusual move, I didn't shower there; instead, I got a jamba juice and came straight home, which made for a much better traffic situation, so perhaps I'll continue that trend. Then, still unwashed, I took a nap before going back to my cafe to eat a salad and slog some more.

All told, I got four pages, which is less than I wanted but way better than nothing - it's a rewrite of the first scene from scratch, which is always slow going. But hopefully I'm on the path and can write faster (or at least more diligently) tomorrow, when my only plans are writing dates and writing and more writing, with some housecleaning thrown in on the side.

Eventually, though, I had to come home, shower, and put on real clothes so that I could have dinner with Claudia (ho ho ho!). We met up at Fresca in West Portal - I've been to Fresca on Fillmore a few times, but West Portal is like the hinterlands to me since I rarely go south of Market unless I'm going to the Mission/Castro or SOMA. But it was actually pretty easy for me to get to, provided I didn't mind walking through the "Walking Dead"-style wasteland of Van Ness to get to the MUNI station. On the way there, I weirdly ran into Ken (of karaoke fame with Chandlord over the past few weeks) at the MUNI station, so we shared a train and talked most of the way, which was fun.

Anyway, it was great to catch up with Claude, and we did so over some v. tasty Peruvian food (along with a couple of glasses of carmenere, which I discovered in Chile and hadn't had again). We mostly commiserated over our advanced ages, but we're not that old, so I refuse to be depressed about it. We also discussed Europe, since I'm trying to lure anyone and everyone into my dreams of a European odyssey (preferably unlike the original European odyssey, which involved a lot of men getting turned into pigs).

And now that I'm home, I need to go to bed immediately - I have an early morning writing date with Kathia, which is the same as what I do every morning except I'll have a partner in crime, so that's a new and exciting development. Goodnight!

[p.s. observant (and hopefully even unobservant) readers will note that the blog style has changed, since the ice motif was bumming me out. if the font is too difficult to read, pls let the management know in the comments, tanks.]

No comments: