Saturday, September 05, 2015

grab somebody sexy, tell 'em hey

In my self-employed state, I have once again lost track of what day it is...but whatever day today was, it was mostly good. I woke up early, played around with my meditation app, ate breakfast, sat down to write, and was then somewhat distracted by the Stanford/Northwestern game (on twitter, not my tv, because I don't care that much), which Stanford seems to have lost in truly appalling fashion. I guess we'll just have to fall back on the fact that we're an academic powerhouse and let our dreams of gridiron glory fade away...or fire the coach, which seems like a better solution.

sssanyway, I stopped following twitter sometime in the fourth quarter and went out to buy colored pencils, which was of course super necessary. Then I went to my favorite cafe, downed and iced coffee, and worked/procrastinated for three hours. The ideas are starting to feel like they're maybe, kind of, perhaps coalescing, and I need to put more time into it, more rigorously, and more joyously, to get to where I want to be. But for today, it was all good.

Then I came home, showered, and messed around on the internet and ate snacks and generally sucked at productivity. But I went to Fillmore and wrote in my journal for a little bit, so hopefully I'm on track again for tomorrow.

And then, I had my one fun plan of the day - Priyanka and I had a girls' night out, since Adit is at a wedding on the east coast. When we had arranged this earlier, we had tentatively agreed to go to Roam (a relatively lowkey, still tasty burger place, with spots in my old neighborhood + on Fillmore), but then Priyanka baited and switched me, and we ended up at SPQR, which is pretty much the opposite of Roam. They were, oddly, able to seat us immediately at the bar, which felt super serendipitous. Also serendipitous was that even though the pastas aren't gluten free, they had a special risotto on the menu tonight that was, and was also covered in freshly shaved truffles, which were (obvi) extremely delicious.

So Priyanka and I enjoyed the simple, wildly expensive (see: freshly shaved truffles on both our dishes) food, along with each other's company, while only being moderately obnoxious to each other (since I had wine that she couldn't have, while she ate bread that I couldn't have). We also discussed our secret (not-so-secret) obsessions with fashion and the British royal family, which we can't indulge in quite so dramatically when we're having dinner with the rest of the family. And now I'm wondering how to label this post, since it's technically not #familytime without Adit....but since he put a baby in her (I love saying that, it sounds so graphic and terrible), maybe I'll make an exception tonight.

And now that I've walked home and am full and happy and content, I think I shall sleep so I can write early tomorrow before my plans kick into high gear...goodnight!

No comments: