Wednesday, September 02, 2015

ghost town and haunted love

I have returned to San Francisco, where productivity commences immediately upon awakening tomorrow (okay, maybe I'll put on some pants first). Today's travel was as uneventful as it possibly could have been. My parents took me to Des Moines, and we got there in time to have lunch before they dropped me off at the airport and we said our sad farewells. I'm going home at Christmas and possibly at Thanksgiving, so it won't be as long in between trips as this last spell was...but I am reminded, again, that I seem to spend more weeks there when the weather sucks than I do when it's gorgeous (as it was this week).

Anyway, I was through security in less than three minutes, and I grabbed an iced coffee to enjoy while sitting around. Then I flew to Denver, napping most of the way, and landed early. That gave me time to make my leisurely way to my San Francisco gate, and that flight arrived early as well. Then, since I was starving and had no food at home, I grabbed a quick dinner at Andale before taking a cab into the city of sin.

I forced myself to unpack and do laundry tonight, which is v. unusual - but as I mentioned above, I'm in it to win it on the productivity front, and getting the laundry out of the way means I have no excuses tomorrow. Not that today was a lost cause; I wrote five pages on the flight from Denver to SF, which was pretty good.

And now, after a thoroughly boring blog post, I must sleep so that I can entertain you more easily tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: