Monday, September 28, 2015

nothing lasts forever...but this is getting good now

I should probably go to bed; my sojourn in Iowa ends tomorrow, and I need to get up and finish packing and eat breakfast and shower before driving to the airport and catching my flight back to the city of sin. Today was a v. lovely, lowkey end to my trip, though - I got up late enough to encourage cold recovery but early enough to eat breakfast with my parents. Then, I spent some quality time sitting on the back patio with my dad; it was a gorgeous day, in the way that perfect fall days can be, and I spent a lot of it doing nothing while admiring the sun and the water and the rolling fields.

That was the theme of most of the afternoon as well; I did some work, and I made some attempt at writing, but I mostly indulged in hanging out with my parents. And we capped it off with supper (steak and more sweet corn), along with some fine CBS programming, which I will miss when I go back to California and resume my non-tv-watching ways.

But that's all I've got for you tonight - I'm not exactly eager to leave tomorrow, but I am eager to enter my writing cave and get all sorts of shit done in the next few weeks, so it's time to buckle down (which hopefully starts on the plane tomorrow, but we'll see). Goodnight!

No comments: