Thursday, September 03, 2015

throw your soul through every open door

I was super hermity today, and not as productive as I would have liked, but it wasn't all bad. I went to my favorite cafe this morning, where they were very happy to see me, and I did a few hours of work there (not enough words on the page, but a lot of figuring out the timeline for the next few scenes and making sure it matches what I committed to in the last book - note to self, never write overlapping books again). Then I grabbed lunch at MyMy, since I had no food in the house.

I took a nap after that, since clearly my exertions had worn me out. And then I spent some more time writing this afternoon - again, not enough words on the page, and way too much procrastination, but whatever. Eventually, knowing I wasn't getting anything done, I put on workout clothes and went for a run/walk - more walking than running since my knee started hurting, which was probably because I spent the last week in a state of total physical sloth, but I went two miles and stopped for groceries at the end, so I'll take it as a warmup for getting back into my city life.

After I got home, I ate some fruit, contemplated Rafe and Octavia some more, made dinner, and then wrote in my journal. And now that I've hermitted myself out for the day, I'm going to go to bed and attempt to put all these thoughts about the manuscript to good use with lots of productivity tomorrow (followed by social plans in the evening so that my hermitville doesn't get too serious). Goodnight!

No comments: