Wednesday, September 16, 2015

if you love like that, blood runs cold

This post, like yesterday's, will also bore you. I woke up around 6:45 this morning, which probably wasn't early enough, and did some work as planned...but then I texted Katie and ended up having a very long, very necessary phone catch-up session with her. We haven't talked much over the past few months (or year...pretty much since she had her second child and was lost to the demands of parenthood + all the other awful stuff going on with her dad's health), so spending the morning hours drinking iced coffee and catching up on life was pretty much the best thing I could have done with my time.

After we got off the phone, I ate a quick breakfast and went to the south bay to train with Alyssa. We were still taking it easy in deference to my neck (which is much much better, but not 100%), but it was good to see her. I grabbed a smoothie and came home without showering, and when I got here I took a nap before going to Another Cafe and writing for a couple of hours. There was a major accident scene right outside, which appears to be what I guessed it was based on what I saw - news reports are saying that a car killed a pedestrian. I was there a couple of hours after it happened, when there was crime scene tape up and police measuring and taking photos of things. There was no body, but since there was a single car in the middle of the street and no signs of other cars/car parts, I was guessing it was pedestrian related. So, that's all bleak and sad....personally, my guess based solely on the position of the car is that the car was turning left on Pine from Leavenworth and that the pedestrian wasn't in the crosswalk but a bit further down the hill, which is a dangerous proposition in an area like Pine/Leavenworth where drivers are going too fast to hit/beat the timed lights. But regardless, it wasn't a fun thing to be around, obviously.

sssanyway, eventually I was tired of staring at my screen, so I stopped at the hardware store, bought another lightbulb, came home, and successfully replaced the kitchen light so it works again. Then I took a shower, messed around on the internet, contemplated my story again to little avail, ate some leftover soup, contemplated the story again to even littler avail, and then researched glass repair shops since I now have two chips in my windshield and should probably fix them before the windshield breaks in half. Fun times, right?

And now, after that horrifically boring post, I'm going to sleep and dream of Rafe/Ava - goodnight!


No comments: