Tuesday, May 24, 2016

party alarm

No party tonight, unless you like your parties to involve staring at a laptop until your eyes bleed. I didn't get to work very early this morning because I stayed up until two a.m., which was ill-advised - so I'm trying to go to bed now even though I'm still cranking on the story because I don't want to waste tomorrow morning like I wasted this morning...

But I was at Philz by 10:30 or so, and I worked for a couple of hours before having some Vietnamese curry at Mangosteen. Then I came home and wasted a couple of hours, since I needed a nap and some downtime to recover from last night's restless slumber. Then I got a couple of things from the grocery store, picked up some pants that I had gotten hemmed, and spent the rest of the afternoon/evening alternating between writing, messing around in my planner, and reading websites about planning/paper/ink because I'm an extreme dork and sometimes need to geek out about paper (and have no one to do it with in person, sigh).

But the progress I made today was great...if only I had been cranking like this six months ago. But that's not a fruitful line of thought to pursue - I am just glad that it's cranking now. And now, after canceling tomorrow's lunch (with Sriram) the way I canceled today's lunch (with Gyre), I'm going to go to bed and repeat most of this process tomorrow -- goodnight!

No comments: