Monday, May 16, 2016

you're out of touch, i'm out of time

Today was a lazy, sort-of-wasted day - as I predicted last night, I went back to reading after I blogged, but I didn't predict that I would read until 4:30am. That was an extreme oops, and it wrecked me for today - since I went to bed as the sun was about to come up, I dozed more than I slept for the next few hours. I finally got out of bed at noon...but I have no regrets. The trilogy is great (although I can't let myself finish the last book until I'm done with my own draft, since I clearly have no impulse control when I'm reading it and I can't afford to lose another day like today). And I wasn't planning on going anywhere today anyway, since my inner octogenarian loathes the crowds and messes associated with Bay to Breakers.

Still, getting up at noon was a bit much even for me. Once I was up, I made an iced coffee, and then I made a v. tasty grilled cheese sandwich before settling in with my laptop. I didn't get much writing done - there was some other stuff I needed to take care of (although I didn't get to anything I really should have gotten to). And I spent more time than I should have researching and ordering a smoothie blender, because clearly that was a v. necessary task.

Eventually, I put the screens away and called my parents, and we talked for ~1hr45min, so I'm going to go ahead and blame them for the fact that I didn't write much this afternoon (even though that leaves the 4hrs before I called them and the 5hrs after I called them unaccounted for...). Then, I debated going to the grocery store, but I decided to put it off for another day. Instead, I ate leftover pasta, and then I cleaned out my fridge - there were some things that were getting gross in there. But it's clear I was procrastinating by being 'productive' elsewhere - I also cleaned out the freezer, and I took out the compost/recycling/trash, and then I took everything out of my pantry shelves (this makes them sound fancier than they are) and scrubbed the shelves and checked expiration dates of canned goods and generally reorganized. I'd been meaning to do this for awhile, but was it necessary to do it today? No. But it looks better, and I have a better sense of what I have and what I might need to restock, so it's all good.

After that was done, I messed around online for a bit, and then I did some budgeting stuff (I adhere to budgets about as well as I adhere to schedules, but I figured I might as well try again with Mint and see if it works better for me this time). And now, I'm going to indulge my tired eyes and go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: