Wednesday, May 18, 2016

i'll run to the moon and walk on the sea, i'll start a new world for you and me

Today went much better than yesterday, but due to some social activities I wasn't able to maximize my newly productive situation. However, I'll totally take what I got. I woke up at 6:30 (shocking), meditated, made a smoothie (I'm sounding like some insufferable yuppie at this point, but whatev), and then did a bit of admin work. Then I wasted some time while drinking my smoothie. But I pulled myself together, showered, and sat down at my kitchen table (after dusting everything, which is as much of a procrastination sign as the fact that I cleaned my bathroom yesterday and cleaned my kitchen shelves a couple of days ago), and I wrote for a couple of really solid, focused hours, which felt great.

Unfortunately, I had to abandon productivity because I'd made plans to meet Anne and Barbara for a writing date. This one was less productive than usual; we always spend some time talking, but Barbara was just back from BEA (an industry conference), and she and Anne had just had lunch with one of my favorite romance novelists of my youth (Catherine Coulter, whom Katie and I totally adored and worshipped back in the day), so they told me about that. Even better, Catherine was giving away some books, and Anne snagged three research books for me (one on smuggling and two on clothes) - which made my heart stop, because I now have research books previously owned by my idol. Of course I had to text Katie tonight about all of this, because she's the only person who can understand the depth of my joy...and now I need to write a smuggling book (which was, theoretically, a possible plot for the next book in this series, but I can't think of that right now).

So we talked way longer than usual. But I did manage to get another thirty minutes of solid writing in, which was great. Then traffic was looking bleak, so I went to Burlingame and grabbed a salad for dinner, and then I went to the Philz there to get some beans so I can make coffee at home, since I don't have time to go there the next couple of days. When I got home, I texted Katie (as mentioned above), and then I should have written, but I didn't quite pull myself together.

But tomorrow is another day, and I hope the morning and evening are as productive as today's morning was...but I have fun plans in the middle of the day, so I need to get to sleep so I can do stuff early tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: