Wednesday, May 04, 2016

and i didn't wanna write a song 'cause i didn't want anyone thinking i still care, i don't, but...

Today was super productive for me and super boring for you, so you may as well move along with your internet browsing and come back tomorrow (when I will likely have more wine in me, and thus may have gotten into unexpected shenanigans, although I'm not currently planning to do anything particularly wild). I didn't get enough sleep last night, which I'm going to try to rectify tonight, and so I didn't get enough done this morning (although I did write). I also posted the preorder to all retailers on Facebook, which resulted in comments, likes, and preorders (which was kind of the point of posting it) - and now I'm mildly nervous because I'm not done with the book and now I'm committed. But it's now or never, and this is a real forcing mechanism rather than my self-set deadlines, so we'll see how that works out for me.

Anyway, sometime around 12:45 I took a break, reheated some carnitas (verdict: still so fucking good), cut up half an avocado, and had a tasty lunch. Then, I drove down to San Mateo, where I wrote with Anne and Barbara for three hours. We were pretty productive today - Anne and I actually have the same deadline, and Barbara is always finishing a book, so we were all desirous of some productivity. It's nice that we all get along even though Barbara tends to laugh at me and Anne for taking so long to write our books (Barbara is writing a novella right now, which is admittedly way shorter, but we helped her plot it like two weeks ago and she's sending it to her editor tomorrow). But she writes different stuff than I do, and comparing myself to other people is a recipe for disaster, so I'll stop.

After we left Starbucks, I went to the gym in San Mateo and did some kettlebells. I hadn't been to the gym in perhaps three months, which is way way too long - understandable, given how much I've been gone, but I was also getting lazy. So I did a workout similar to what I would have done three months ago, although I dropped the weights just a bit (did most of my swings at 12-14kg instead of 14-16kg) - and I'm guessing I'll be sore tomorrow as punishment for the fact that I hadn't done any of this in awhile. But my form felt like it came back pretty effortlessly, and I wasn't totally out of shape. And it turns out that going after writing works out pretty well, as long as I don't have plans that night - the gym wasn't too crazy packed at 5:30pm, and even after showering and eating and messing around on my phone, I was still home by 7:45 (without sitting in traffic like I would earlier). So maybe this will become a bigger part of my routine again, which would be good for me.

Anyway, when I got home I should have been super productive, but I'm tired, and so I ordered a new fountain pen instead (because clearly if I'm freaking out about finishing my book, a new pen will help). And now I'm going to bed - goodnight!

No comments: