Saturday, May 28, 2016

ricochet, you take your aim

[note: this didn't post last night when I wrote it, since I was falling asleep and probably failed to hit publish (falling-asleepedness proven by the last couple of lines, which make no sense). but I'm alive, which, ironically, is one of the songs Sia sang last night. And now I'm going back to sleep - yay!]

It's entirely too late to blog - it's 3:15am in Boston, which is well beyond my bedtime, especially since I took a redeye here and so only got a couple of hours of sleep last night. But today was, quite frankly, awesome despite the exhaustion. I got to Boston at 7:45am, but sat for a few minutes so paramedics could get someone off the plane (she looked fine to me, which is obviously a valid medical opinion). Then, I was supposed to go directly to Ritu's - but I had to get a crucial email to my editor, and I knew that as soon as I saw Ritu, I would want to go on vacation. So I grabbed coffee in the airport and sat for forty-five minutes and got through what I needed to get to so that I could take the weekend off without regrets.

Then, I took an uber to Ritu and Bill, who greeted me in style - we had hard boiled eggs and smoothies made with the same blender I recently bought, which was delightful. Then, Ritu and I ran wedding-related errands - mostly at the post office, where the guy with tattoo sleeves and an awesome Boston accent helped us price and assemble the stamps necessary to send out invitations with abnormal sizes. Then, we adjourned to Zaftig's, a deli where Bill joined us for lunch. I tried the corned beef hash, as I've been doing at new breakfast places - the hash itself was great, but the eggs were so-so and the potatoes were supremely uninteresting.

After that, we came home and pretended to watch 'Lemonade' while stamping envelopes and dealing with address labels. Eventually the wedding "fun" (note the quotes) ended, and we were temporarily bailed out to have dinner. We went to some extremely delicious oyster place, where I verified that I can still eat oysters after my food poisoning disaster (although I ordered steak for my entree, since I didn't want to tempt fate).

I must wrap this up, since I'm falling asleep - after dinner, we went to Boston Calling, which is the music festival I'm out here for. It was all delightful - we had more wine while watching Sufjan Stephens, and then we totally rocked out to Sia (who somehow got Kristen Wiig to be part of one of her show). Sia was a pretty amazing high to come down off of, but we adjourned to a northside cocktail place (which is home),

So now I'm exhausted and have to get up whenever my ghosts give up - goodnight!

No comments: