Wednesday, May 11, 2016

shoulda known your love was a game

I'm falling asleep on my couch, and I really should just go to bed before I end up taking a 'nap' and then crawling into bed with a sore neck at one a.m. But today was quite productive, all in all. I had an 8:30 a.m. tour at a coworking facility in the mid-market area, so I kind of had to hustle to get myself together and go down there. It turns out the walk felt super dicey, which I should have realized - the vast majority of the walk was exactly the same walk I take to Philz a couple of times a week, but then I tacked on four more blocks of Golden Gate Ave, and the 'golden' is appropriate because of all the urine, and the 'gate' is appropriate because that part of the Tenderloin is like a hellmouth gateway. I emerged on the other side of Market Street with all of my organs still intact, my skin unperforated, and my bag full of belongings, but if I use this coworking location, I will have to rethink my walking approach.

sssanyway. The tour was brief, partially because it was 8:30am and I hadn't had coffee yet, and partially because the woman seemed way too unable to sell things. But the building kind of sold itself. She invited me to hang out there after, so I worked from there for a few hours, and it was really nice. It was great to have some buzz going on around me (like a coffeeshop), but the coffee and tea were free and I didn't have to worry about losing my seat (or my life) when I went to the bathroom.

Then I grabbed lunch down the street, and then I went to Peet's on Van Ness, where I worked for another couple of hours. Then I came home and spent a couple of hours doing general life stuff before going to meet Claudia at Nopalito. I hadn't been there in ages, but it was as delicious as I remember (the puled pork quesadilla with a corn tortilla and chicharrones is something I could eat all the time. And Claudia was in good form as well - we extended our conversation with ice cream from Bi-Rite, so it was a great end to my day.

But I'm still falling asleep on the couch, and I want to get a lot done tomorrow, so bedtime is crucial. Goodnight!

No comments: