Wednesday, July 08, 2020

chandelier

I worked a ton today, so I really need to sign off and decompress for approx thirty seconds before going to sleep. I got up in time to do a few hours of work before my meetings began - thanks to be in the central time zone, my first meeting wasn't until eleven, so I was able to crank through stuff this morning. But then I had a meeting from 11-12, a break for lunch, and then meetings from 1-6.

At that point, I had to switch into Iowa mode - my mom made sweet corn for dinner (the first of the season! my dad picked it up in Des Moines today), so we ate corn as one should in July. Then, my mom and I went into town for a sort-of socially distanced (at least it was outdoors) gathering of some women that we're in a club with. It was good to see them all, and I sincerely hope I didn't take them coronavirus (although some of them are being less careful than I am, so ultimately I probably wouldn't feel compelled to take the blame on that one).

Then we came home, and I've been working for almost three hours - which means I should throw in the towel and go to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: