Tuesday, July 14, 2020

put me in coach

Today was lovely, but I supposed all vacation days have a higher likelihood of being lovely. I spent most of the morning on the back porch, journaling and organizing some of my notes. In the afternoon, my mom and I made a quick trip to the museum in town. It's been around for a long time and I actually worked there the summer after my freshman year (minimum wage, sitting waiting for tourists who rarely came and turning the lights on/off as the visitors came and went). But they've put a ton of work into it in the twenty+ years since I worked there (I do not like saying 'twenty years') and it was great to see the expanded bits. I'll probably have to go back sometime next week and look at stuff when I have more time, but it was a great outing for the afternoon!

Then we came home, and I spent some more quality time on the porch while my mom made steak and twice baked potatoes. Then my mom and dad were telling stories of some of their escapades in the sixties and seventies, which were pretty entertaining. We ended the evening on the back porch again, watching lightning flickering endlessly in the north - hopefully it rains here overnight, since we need it.

And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: