Sunday, July 12, 2020

i think i know how these things go

I had a nice day in ye olde Iowa - I slept in a little bit, then made some iced coffee and spent the morning cleaning up downstairs and organizing the stuff I'd brought into the house and dumped on the floor in the downstairs living room when I got here last week. Then I spent the afternoon on the back porch, taking care of a variety of personal tings and making some plans. That all got derailed when I decided to play with the feral kittens who have taken over our porch - they weren't sure about playing with me, but I held three of the six (possibly three of the five, since we haven't seen the sixth today) and they were super cute. However, since I'm allergic to cats and I'm especially allergic to feral cats who are also covered in pollen, I then had to shower immediately.

After that, I went into town to wash my car and pick up a couple of things at the grocery store. I got home in time for supper, which was last night's pulled pork + fresh sweet corn, 'basket bobs' (the veggies that usually go on kebabs, but tossed into a basket to grill instead, which saves a ton of time), and leftover five cup salad. That was all super tasty, and it made me want a nap...but I pushed through. I then spent the evening reading old books about my county while off-and-on watching a Western (Silverado, which starred a very young Kevin Costner as a no-name actor around a bunch of much more famous actors, which was kind of funny).

And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: