Sunday, July 05, 2020

i have a dream about her, she rings my bell

Happy Sunday from ye olde Iowa! Today was pretty lowkey, all in all. I got up relatively early (for me in Iowa), hung out, made some coffee, and then did some planning + day job work for about ninety minutes. I'm working from Iowa this week and I have a lot to get done, which means that it was smart to try to get a bit of a head start on it today.

After that, I ate some lunch, took a quick nap, took a shower, and thought I might do some more stuff around the house. Instead, [censored] and I drove over to our sister's house to pick up a piece of equipment that my dad had loaned her a couple of months ago - her son used my dad's excavator to install some tile in her backyard, and if you have no idea what I'm talking about, you're part of the blog audience who doesn't live in Iowa. Before we went over there, [censored] and I did a tour of his properties to find some log chains and other equipment, and then he hooked onto a trailer using one of my dad's work trucks that was capable of pulling the weight of the excavator (my Audi has a hitch, but I don't think it would have worked).

So we drove over there, and [censored] loaded the excavator while I talked to Jackie. Then we drove back, dropped the excavator off, and returned the truck/trailer. All told, this exercise took close to three hours, but it was good bonding time with [censored] and I got to see my sister, so I'll take it.

Then we came home, ate supper (leftover brisket + perfect fried potatoes), and then [censored] and I went out to Logan and Sammi's house. Logan is [censored]'s best friend from high school, just as Katie is for me, and it was really fun to see them. Of course, if one of them has the 'rona, we now all have it. And now, on that fun note, it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: