Thursday, July 30, 2020

i got that summertime summertime sadness

Today was okay, but not great; I started reading twitter too early, and it was too easy to doomscroll today. But I did do some excellent food-related stuff - mostly taking inventory of what's in my freezer so that I can cycle through some of it before it goes bad. I also read / reread some cookbooks to figure out what I want to make for the next few days - while I picked up a few things yesterday, it wasn't enough, and I can no longer survive on leftover takeout and granola bars.

So I thawed out some sweet potato hash and had hash and eggs for lunch (I did pick up eggs yesterday). Then I made up my grocery list and went to Whole Foods - while I want to support the smaller grocery store near Katie's house (which is where I'd stopped yesterday), they never have everything I need. But I was in and out of Whole Foods pretty fast, and now I have ingredients to try a bunch of new recipes, which is exciting.

Then I came home, put tings away, and ate the last bit of leftover Indian food at four because I was starving. I also talked to Terry for awhile - we were overdue for a catch-up, and it was great to hang out for a bit. After we hung up, I doomscrolled while texting with [censored] and Drewbaby, but eventually I rallied and made a late supper - a very simple, very tasty cannellini bean and tuna salad from Stanley Tucci's second cookbook (recipe on zee romance blog). It reminds me a lot of a similar salad that I used to eat at the cafe next to the Equinox in the Marina, but this one was substantially cheaper and twice as big. But I also ate it by myself in the silence of my house rather than people watching in the Marina, so who knows what was better in that equation.

sssanyway. I've got grand plans to write tomorrow, and perhaps make an attempt at a baked good, and perhaps also read a book and/or do some yard work, so I should probably go to sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: